Monday, September 8, 2008

2nd Week of School


During the second week of school, students began learning about the 7 Elements of Art: Line, Shape, Space, Value, Texture, Form, and Color. We learned about line types and line qualities by creating drawings of familiar buildings and used a check-list to make sure they had the minimum requirements for the assignment. CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE ART ALL-STARS FROM THIS ASSIGNMENT!

Near the end of the week, we began talking about GEOMETRIC SHAPES such as circles, squares, triangles. Students were then asked to create an artwork based on GEOMETRIC SHAPES using either COOL COLORS or WARM COLORS. CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE ART ALL-STARS FROM THIS ASSIGNMENT!

Both assignments turned out great!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked this project the most because it was neat and looked very realistic.
I think we should be able to have more fun with the projects we do and should have just a little bit more time on tiles and stuff.

Anonymous said...

This is my favorite project becuase it was my old house that I liked a lot. I could have made it better by putting more details in the backgroud.